Virtual Lab: Virtual Frog Dissection
1. If you come upon any terms that are unfamiliar to you, please refer to your textbook for further explanation or search the word here: http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/features/dictionary/dictionaryhome.aspx
2. In this exercise, you will be performing a virtual frog dissection. To begin, click on the “Introduction” link on the opening page. Read through and listen to the information presented to learn about the basics of dissection and animal phylogeny. When you are finished, click the “Menu” button at the bottom of the page to return to the opening page of the laboratory activity.
3. Once you are back to the opening page, click the “External Anatomy” button. Read through, watch and listen to the information presented in these segments. When you are finished, click the “Menu” button at the bottom of the page to return to the opening page of the laboratory activity.
4. The last portion of this activity involves an examination of the internal anatomy of a frog. To do this, click the “Internal Anatomy” button on the opening page of the laboratory. Read through, watch and listen to all of the information presented in these segments and actively participate where required. You may have to do a virtual cut on the frog by dragging the appropriate tool to the frog or label organs of the dissected frog by dragging the appropriate organ names to the site on the opened frog. Please STOP when you are through with each labeling step and be sure to fill in your final answers on Figures 1 and 2 below.
Figure 1: Digestive System Organs
Figure 2: Organs of the Circulatory, Respiratory, Excretory and Reproductive Systems
Frog Dissection Post-laboratory Questions:
1. The dorsal side of the leopard frog:
a. Is a light, solid color
b. Is a colored and patterned
c. Is initially cut during a dissection
d. A and C
2. Leopard frogs:
a. Are invertebrates
b. Are warm-blooded
c. Have a gills at one time during their life cycle
d. All of the above
3. In regards to the external anatomy of a leopard frog:
a. It is easy to tell the sex of the animal
b. The cloaca is at the anterior end of the animal
c. The feet of the hind limbs have 5 toes
d. All of the above
4. In the opened mouth of the leopard frog, one can see:
a. The nostrils
b. The glottis
c. The vomerine teeth
d. A and B
e. All of the above
5. Which of the following is found in the digestive system of the leopard frog but not in that of a human?
a. Gall bladder
e. None of the above
6. Arteries in the circulatory system:
a. Carry blood to the heart
b. Carry blood away from the heart
c. Carry out diffusion of gases
7. In the leopard frog heart:
a. The right atrium carries oxygen rich blood
b. The left atrium carries oxygen poor blood
c. There are 3 chambers present
d. All of the above
8. By comparison to the leopard frog heart, the human heart:
a. Has 4 chambers present
b. Carries mixed blood in the ventricles
c. Is more efficient
d. A and C
e. All of the above
9. Fat bodies play a role in:
e. C and D
10. The most anterior portion of the leopard frog brain is/are the:
a. Olfactory lobes
c. Optic lobes
Virtual Lab: Virtual Fetal Pig Dissection
Figure 1: Fetal Pig – Digestive System
Identify the organ (or structure)
14. _____________________________ Opening (valve) between stomach and small intestine.
15. _____________________________ Stores bile, lies underneath the liver.
16. _____________________________ A branch of the large intestine, a dead end.
17. _____________________________ Separates the thoracic and abdominal cavity
18. _____________________________ Membrane that holds the coils of the small intestine.
19. _____________________________ The straight part of the small intestine, after stomach.
20. _____________________________ Empties bile into the duodenum from the gall bladder.
21. _____________________________ The last stretch of large intestine
22. _____________________________ Bumpy structure under the stomach; makes insulin
23. _____________________________ Lies between the two umbilical vessels.
Figure 2: Urinary and Reproductive Systems
Identify the Organs (or structure) on the above diagram:
Identify the organ:
· Urine passes through the _________ to reach the urinary ___________ for storage.
· Urine exits the ________ to the outside through the ____________
· The ______________ is where sperm production takes place.
· The ______________ contain all the developing eggs the female pig will ever have.
· Called a ___________________ in humans, the __________ receives the egg from the ovary at ovulation.
· Fertilized eggs travel from the oviducts into the ______________ for implantation.
Are you busy and do not have time to handle your assignment? Are you scared that your paper will not make the grade? Do you have responsibilities that may hinder you from turning in your assignment on time? Are you tired and can barely handle your assignment? Are your grades inconsistent?
Whichever your reason is, it is valid! You can get professional academic help from our service at affordable rates. We have a team of professional academic writers who can handle all your assignments.
- Plagiarism free papers
- Timely delivery
- Any deadline
- Skilled, Experienced Native English Writers
- Subject-relevant academic writer
- Adherence to paper instructions
- Ability to tackle bulk assignments
- Reasonable prices
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Get superb grades consistently
Online Academic Help With Different Subjects
Students barely have time to read. We got you! Have your literature essay or book review written without having the hassle of reading the book. You can get your literature paper custom-written for you by our literature specialists.
Do you struggle with finance? No need to torture yourself if finance is not your cup of tea. You can order your finance paper from our academic writing service and get 100% original work from competent finance experts.
While psychology may be an interesting subject, you may lack sufficient time to handle your assignments. Don’t despair; by using our academic writing service, you can be assured of perfect grades. Moreover, your grades will be consistent.
Engineering is quite a demanding subject. Students face a lot of pressure and barely have enough time to do what they love to do. Our academic writing service got you covered! Our engineering specialists follow the paper instructions and ensure timely delivery of the paper.
In the nursing course, you may have difficulties with literature reviews, annotated bibliographies, critical essays, and other assignments. Our nursing assignment writers will offer you professional nursing paper help at low prices.
Truth be told, sociology papers can be quite exhausting. Our academic writing service relieves you of fatigue, pressure, and stress. You can relax and have peace of mind as our academic writers handle your sociology assignment.
We take pride in having some of the best business writers in the industry. Our business writers have a lot of experience in the field. They are reliable, and you can be assured of a high-grade paper. They are able to handle business papers of any subject, length, deadline, and difficulty!
We boast of having some of the most experienced statistics experts in the industry. Our statistics experts have diverse skills, expertise, and knowledge to handle any kind of assignment. They have access to all kinds of software to get your assignment done.
Writing a law essay may prove to be an insurmountable obstacle, especially when you need to know the peculiarities of the legislative framework. Take advantage of our top-notch law specialists and get superb grades and 100% satisfaction.
What discipline/subjects do you deal in?
We have highlighted some of the most popular subjects we handle above. Those are just a tip of the iceberg. We deal in all academic disciplines since our writers are as diverse. They have been drawn from across all disciplines, and orders are assigned to those writers believed to be the best in the field. In a nutshell, there is no task we cannot handle; all you need to do is place your order with us. As long as your instructions are clear, just trust we shall deliver irrespective of the discipline.
Are your writers competent enough to handle my paper?
Our essay writers are graduates with bachelor's, masters, Ph.D., and doctorate degrees in various subjects. The minimum requirement to be an essay writer with our essay writing service is to have a college degree. All our academic writers have a minimum of two years of academic writing. We have a stringent recruitment process to ensure that we get only the most competent essay writers in the industry. We also ensure that the writers are handsomely compensated for their value. The majority of our writers are native English speakers. As such, the fluency of language and grammar is impeccable.
What if I don’t like the paper?
There is a very low likelihood that you won’t like the paper.
- When assigning your order, we match the paper’s discipline with the writer’s field/specialization. Since all our writers are graduates, we match the paper’s subject with the field the writer studied. For instance, if it’s a nursing paper, only a nursing graduate and writer will handle it. Furthermore, all our writers have academic writing experience and top-notch research skills.
- We have a quality assurance that reviews the paper before it gets to you. As such, we ensure that you get a paper that meets the required standard and will most definitely make the grade.
In the event that you don’t like your paper:
- The writer will revise the paper up to your pleasing. You have unlimited revisions. You simply need to highlight what specifically you don’t like about the paper, and the writer will make the amendments. The paper will be revised until you are satisfied. Revisions are free of charge
- We will have a different writer write the paper from scratch.
- Last resort, if the above does not work, we will refund your money.
Will the professor find out I didn’t write the paper myself?
Not at all. All papers are written from scratch. There is no way your tutor or instructor will realize that you did not write the paper yourself. In fact, we recommend using our assignment help services for consistent results.
What if the paper is plagiarized?
We check all papers for plagiarism before we submit them. We use powerful plagiarism checking software such as SafeAssign, LopesWrite, and Turnitin. We also upload the plagiarism report so that you can review it. We understand that plagiarism is academic suicide. We would not take the risk of submitting plagiarized work and jeopardize your academic journey. Furthermore, we do not sell or use prewritten papers, and each paper is written from scratch.
When will I get my paper?
You determine when you get the paper by setting the deadline when placing the order. All papers are delivered within the deadline. We are well aware that we operate in a time-sensitive industry. As such, we have laid out strategies to ensure that the client receives the paper on time and they never miss the deadline. We understand that papers that are submitted late have some points deducted. We do not want you to miss any points due to late submission. We work on beating deadlines by huge margins in order to ensure that you have ample time to review the paper before you submit it.
Will anyone find out that I used your services?
We have a privacy and confidentiality policy that guides our work. We NEVER share any customer information with third parties. Noone will ever know that you used our assignment help services. It’s only between you and us. We are bound by our policies to protect the customer’s identity and information. All your information, such as your names, phone number, email, order information, and so on, are protected. We have robust security systems that ensure that your data is protected. Hacking our systems is close to impossible, and it has never happened.
How our Assignment Help Service Works
You fill all the paper instructions in the order form. Make sure you include all the helpful materials so that our academic writers can deliver the perfect paper. It will also help to eliminate unnecessary revisions.
2. Pay for the order
Proceed to pay for the paper so that it can be assigned to one of our expert academic writers. The paper subject is matched with the writer’s area of specialization.
3. Track the progress
You communicate with the writer and know about the progress of the paper. The client can ask the writer for drafts of the paper. The client can upload extra material and include additional instructions from the lecturer. Receive a paper.
4. Download the paper
The paper is sent to your email and uploaded to your personal account. You also get a plagiarism report attached to your paper.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET A PERFECT SCORE!!!