1) Take home message: In one to three sentences describe the “take home message” – the main point the author wanted the reader to understand / take away from the chapter. •
2) Analogies & case studies: Describe how author used analogies or examples (case studies) to support her take home message/main point. •
3) Background: The background section should include a very brief description of scientific facts and evidence you find particularly interesting or useful for understanding the country or region, ecosystem & species, and/or cause of extinction. This section must include information from at least two outside sources. Focus on peer-reviewed literature, but you may also include credible sources such nationally and internationally recognized newspapers or magazines, and government websites. All sources must be cited in-text and in the Works Cited section. •
4) Social Media & Science Communication: Describe how your topic is portrayed on the internet and answer the following questions: Is it scientifically accurate? How are values incorporated into the messaging? This synthesis can include things such as twitter hashtags, publications from small NGOs, figures or videos, websites, blogs, or Op-Ed articles. Sources should be included in the Works Cited section to the best of your ability and include weblinks. •
5) Resilience Thinking: This section should describe how the system(s), problem(s), and/or solution(s) presented in the chapter relate to concepts of resiliency we’ve covered in class. This section should include only your own ideas and opinions, and should illustrate that you grasp concepts covered in Resilience Thinking or other readings and how those concepts apply to realworld issues. •
an analytical approach
a representative example from The Sixth Extinction
an evolving thesis
a paragraph of reflection and explanation in which you describe what you attempted to do
MLA citation of sources (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
Focus your analysis on only one aspect of The Sixth Extinction, in other words one premise, conclusion or character. Note that the audience for your essay is someone who has not read the text that you are analyzing; therefore you should include enough background, description and summary of the text that you are analyzing so that one can understand what you are trying to analyze. Be sure to have a title for your essay. At the end of your essay write at least one healthy paragraph describing what you attempted to do in your essay and a description of your thinking and writing process for coming up with the topic and approach the writing task ( a reflection of your writing process).
Name the author (or authors) and title of the text.
Identify 2-3 of the major points or ideas of the reading. Be concise. Accurately represent the author’s writings. Use direct quotations from the text.
Conclusion: What findings (evidence, conclusions) does the author give?
Example of opening sentence:
In “__________” (title of article) by __________ (author’s first and last name), the author documents…
• Don’t copy sentences verbatim from the text. Summarize the reading in your own words.
• Use present tense, for example:
The article documents, describes, examines, etc.
The author observes, writes, concludes by saying, etc.
• Type the following at the top left or right corner of the front-page:
Your first & last name
Environmental Problems & Solutions
Reading title & author(s)
Grab the reader’s attention by:
Citing an interesting fact or statistic from the reading.
Opening with a quote from the reading.
Posing a question your summary will answer.
Using examples from the reading.
• 2.5 pages typed.
• 12-sized font (any style).
• Print single-sided.
There Have Been Five Mass Extinction Events in Earth’s History. Now We’re Facing a Sixth (Washington Post) (Links to an external site.) Interview with Elizabeth Kolbert, author of the recent book The Sixth Extinction.
Mass amphibian extinctions globally caused by fungal disease (Links to an external site.) A third of all amphibian species are threatened with extinction.
(Links to an external site.)
New Madagascar conservation map protects maximum number of species in biodiversity hot spot (Links to an external site.). The island of Madagascar is home to thousands of rare species found nowhere else, including lemurs.
(Links to an external site.)
Climate Race Separates the Weeds from the Trees (Links to an external site.)(New Scientist). An interesting possible future trend is the rise of “weedy” species that flourish in disturbed environments and crowd out existing plants and animals.
This is a fairly open-ended forum. In your posts, please address two or more of the following. You can also draw from other sources you’ve read independently, or make other relevant comments on the topic of biodiversity and extinction.
Madagascar, Indonesia and the Amazon basin have some of the greatest numbers of different species concentrated in a single area. What kinds of environments do you think encourage greater biodiversity?
What are some examples of non-native “weedy” (hardy, easily adaptable) species of plants and animals that have entered North America and have caused or are starting to cause major problems for existing plant and animal (and human) communities?
How are humans and human activities contributing to extinctions of plants and animals?
Can humans realistically do anything to reverse these trends described in the articles? If so, what sacrifices (economic, demographic, etc) are we willing to make in order to preserve biodiversity?
why you think scientific evidence provided by Patterson or by researchers examining the effects of second-hand cigarette smoke was countered so strongly by the big petroleum and tobacco companies.
How do you think the “big money” provided by these industries to fund alternate research efforts reflects the importance of the role of funding in research?
Review the Sample Question Development Worksheet (ATTACHED)before submitting part 2
In Project 1, you selected a news story (ATTACHED) and completed the topic exploration graphic organizer (ATTACHED). Use this information to assist with completing the Question
Development Worksheet Template (ATTACHED), addressing the following critical elements:
I. Why did you select this news story for scientific and personal study? In other words, what was it about the news story that interested you or made you
II. What prior knowledge and assumptions about the science topic did you have before viewing this news story? In other words, describe what you already
knew about the topic.
III. How does this news story relate to the natural science concepts? In other words, which principles of natural science are relevant to the news story you selected?
IV. What question related to the topic in the news story would you, assuming the role of a natural scientist, like to study? Use your previous responses and
the list of questions that you posed in your topic exploration graphic organizer (ATTACHED) to select one question that interests you.
Are you busy and do not have time to handle your assignment? Are you scared that your paper will not make the grade? Do you have responsibilities that may hinder you from turning in your assignment on time? Are you tired and can barely handle your assignment? Are your grades inconsistent?
Whichever your reason is, it is valid! You can get professional academic help from our service at affordable rates. We have a team of professional academic writers who can handle all your assignments.
- Plagiarism free papers
- Timely delivery
- Any deadline
- Skilled, Experienced Native English Writers
- Subject-relevant academic writer
- Adherence to paper instructions
- Ability to tackle bulk assignments
- Reasonable prices
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Get superb grades consistently
Online Academic Help With Different Subjects
Students barely have time to read. We got you! Have your literature essay or book review written without having the hassle of reading the book. You can get your literature paper custom-written for you by our literature specialists.
Do you struggle with finance? No need to torture yourself if finance is not your cup of tea. You can order your finance paper from our academic writing service and get 100% original work from competent finance experts.
While psychology may be an interesting subject, you may lack sufficient time to handle your assignments. Don’t despair; by using our academic writing service, you can be assured of perfect grades. Moreover, your grades will be consistent.
Engineering is quite a demanding subject. Students face a lot of pressure and barely have enough time to do what they love to do. Our academic writing service got you covered! Our engineering specialists follow the paper instructions and ensure timely delivery of the paper.
In the nursing course, you may have difficulties with literature reviews, annotated bibliographies, critical essays, and other assignments. Our nursing assignment writers will offer you professional nursing paper help at low prices.
Truth be told, sociology papers can be quite exhausting. Our academic writing service relieves you of fatigue, pressure, and stress. You can relax and have peace of mind as our academic writers handle your sociology assignment.
We take pride in having some of the best business writers in the industry. Our business writers have a lot of experience in the field. They are reliable, and you can be assured of a high-grade paper. They are able to handle business papers of any subject, length, deadline, and difficulty!
We boast of having some of the most experienced statistics experts in the industry. Our statistics experts have diverse skills, expertise, and knowledge to handle any kind of assignment. They have access to all kinds of software to get your assignment done.
Writing a law essay may prove to be an insurmountable obstacle, especially when you need to know the peculiarities of the legislative framework. Take advantage of our top-notch law specialists and get superb grades and 100% satisfaction.
What discipline/subjects do you deal in?
We have highlighted some of the most popular subjects we handle above. Those are just a tip of the iceberg. We deal in all academic disciplines since our writers are as diverse. They have been drawn from across all disciplines, and orders are assigned to those writers believed to be the best in the field. In a nutshell, there is no task we cannot handle; all you need to do is place your order with us. As long as your instructions are clear, just trust we shall deliver irrespective of the discipline.
Are your writers competent enough to handle my paper?
Our essay writers are graduates with bachelor's, masters, Ph.D., and doctorate degrees in various subjects. The minimum requirement to be an essay writer with our essay writing service is to have a college degree. All our academic writers have a minimum of two years of academic writing. We have a stringent recruitment process to ensure that we get only the most competent essay writers in the industry. We also ensure that the writers are handsomely compensated for their value. The majority of our writers are native English speakers. As such, the fluency of language and grammar is impeccable.
What if I don’t like the paper?
There is a very low likelihood that you won’t like the paper.
- When assigning your order, we match the paper’s discipline with the writer’s field/specialization. Since all our writers are graduates, we match the paper’s subject with the field the writer studied. For instance, if it’s a nursing paper, only a nursing graduate and writer will handle it. Furthermore, all our writers have academic writing experience and top-notch research skills.
- We have a quality assurance that reviews the paper before it gets to you. As such, we ensure that you get a paper that meets the required standard and will most definitely make the grade.
In the event that you don’t like your paper:
- The writer will revise the paper up to your pleasing. You have unlimited revisions. You simply need to highlight what specifically you don’t like about the paper, and the writer will make the amendments. The paper will be revised until you are satisfied. Revisions are free of charge
- We will have a different writer write the paper from scratch.
- Last resort, if the above does not work, we will refund your money.
Will the professor find out I didn’t write the paper myself?
Not at all. All papers are written from scratch. There is no way your tutor or instructor will realize that you did not write the paper yourself. In fact, we recommend using our assignment help services for consistent results.
What if the paper is plagiarized?
We check all papers for plagiarism before we submit them. We use powerful plagiarism checking software such as SafeAssign, LopesWrite, and Turnitin. We also upload the plagiarism report so that you can review it. We understand that plagiarism is academic suicide. We would not take the risk of submitting plagiarized work and jeopardize your academic journey. Furthermore, we do not sell or use prewritten papers, and each paper is written from scratch.
When will I get my paper?
You determine when you get the paper by setting the deadline when placing the order. All papers are delivered within the deadline. We are well aware that we operate in a time-sensitive industry. As such, we have laid out strategies to ensure that the client receives the paper on time and they never miss the deadline. We understand that papers that are submitted late have some points deducted. We do not want you to miss any points due to late submission. We work on beating deadlines by huge margins in order to ensure that you have ample time to review the paper before you submit it.
Will anyone find out that I used your services?
We have a privacy and confidentiality policy that guides our work. We NEVER share any customer information with third parties. Noone will ever know that you used our assignment help services. It’s only between you and us. We are bound by our policies to protect the customer’s identity and information. All your information, such as your names, phone number, email, order information, and so on, are protected. We have robust security systems that ensure that your data is protected. Hacking our systems is close to impossible, and it has never happened.
How our Assignment Help Service Works
You fill all the paper instructions in the order form. Make sure you include all the helpful materials so that our academic writers can deliver the perfect paper. It will also help to eliminate unnecessary revisions.
2. Pay for the order
Proceed to pay for the paper so that it can be assigned to one of our expert academic writers. The paper subject is matched with the writer’s area of specialization.
3. Track the progress
You communicate with the writer and know about the progress of the paper. The client can ask the writer for drafts of the paper. The client can upload extra material and include additional instructions from the lecturer. Receive a paper.
4. Download the paper
The paper is sent to your email and uploaded to your personal account. You also get a plagiarism report attached to your paper.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET A PERFECT SCORE!!!