1. Like the modernists, postmodern writers focused on subjective experience rather than objective cultural norms. (1 point) expressing or dealing with facts or conditions as perceived without distortion by personal feelings, prejudices, or interpretations characteristic of or belonging to reality as perceived rather than as independent of mind characteristic of or belonging to the superficial world none of the above
2. They reeled, whirled, swiveled, flounced, capered, gamboled, and spun. (1 point) insult twists; intricate designs leaped; frolicked sharp; pounding
3. He began to think glimmeringly about his abnormal son who was now in jail, about Harrison. (1 point) beginning watchfulness; caution leaped; frolicked intermittently; unsteadily
4. Stokes’s married, with two babies chalked up on his fuselage already, but as far as I can tell that’s the only difference. (1 point) central body portion of an airplane evil; spiteful handicaps; obstructions none of the above Read the following paragraph and answer questions 5–8. Scientists report (1) that creatures living in the deep sea are in danger of starving to death. Millions of undiscovered species live, in the deep sea. Creatures in the seabed are suffering from growing food shortages. Which may be a result of rising sea temperatures. Scientists believe that some species will die out, those that can survive on a low food supply will continue living. Not much is known about the creatures that live in the deep sea, not much is known about the changes in their diets. Scientists estimate that up to 10 million species live in the depths of the sea. Most animals of the deep rely on food chains that begin. In the lighted realms of the sea. Microscopic plants called phytoplankton. Capture the sun and start the food cycle. (2) Wherever there are animal droppings, there is a constant rain of organic matter (3) that feeds the bottom dwellers.
5. The underlined part of sentence 1 is what kind of clause? (1 point) adverbial clause adjectival clause noun clause
6. The underlined part of sentence 2 is what kind of clause? (1 point) adverbial clause adjectival clause noun clause
7. The underlined part of sentence 3 is what kind of clause? (1 point) adverbial clause adjectival clause noun clause Essay Note: Your teacher will grade your response to ensure that you receive proper credit for your answer. Your response should include the following to receive the points in parentheses: Respond in 3–5 complete sentences. (5 pts)
8. Rewrite the paragraph above, correcting any fragments and run-on sentences. Be sure to use correct punctuation. (5 points) True or False 9. The Beat Generation was a group of writers who fought to maintain traditionalism in America. (1 point) true false 10. Satire is used to make serious situations appear humorous using irony. (1 point) true false 11. Absurdism is an attempt to show the absurdity of the human condition. (1 point) true false
12. The conflict in “A&P” is resolved when the store clerk quits his job. (1 point) true false
13. Research writing can be subjective and full of personal bias. (1 point) true false
14. It is necessary to ALWAYS to document your information with the proper citation format. (1 point) true false
15. A Works Cited is a list of sources used in your research; a bibliography is a list of sources referenced during your research. (1 point) true false
16. Imagery is often used to inspire audiences during speeches. (1 point) true false Multiple Choice Read the following passage from “The Veldt” by Ray Bradbury and answer questions 17–21. “I don’t know anything,” he said, “except that I’m beginning to be sorry we bought that room for the children. If children are neurotic at all, a room like that—” “It’s supposed to help them work off their neuroses in a healthful way.” “I’m starting to wonder.” He stared at the ceiling. “We’ve given the children everything they ever wanted. Is this our reward—secrecy, disobedience?” “Who was it who said, ‘Children are carpets, they should be stepped on occasionally’? We’ve never lifted a hand. They’re insufferable—let’s admit it. They come and go when they like; they treat us as if we were offspring. They’re spoiled and we’re spoiled.” “They’ve been acting funny ever since you forbade them to take the rocket to New York a few months ago.” “They’re not old enough to do that alone, I explained.” “Nevertheless, I’ve noticed they’ve been decidedly cool toward us since.” “I think I’ll have Dave McClean come tomorrow morning to have a look at Africa.” “But it’s not Africa now, it’s Green Mansions country and Rima.” “I have a feeling it’ll be Africa again before then.” A moment later they heard the screams. Two screams.Two people screaming from downstairs.And then a roar of lions. “Wendy and Peter aren’t in their rooms,” said his wife. He lay in his bed with his beating heart. “No,” he said. “They’ve broken into the nursery.” “Those screams—they sound familiar.” “Do they?” “Yes, awfully.”
17. “And although their beds tried very hard, the two adults couldn’t be rocked to sleep for another hour. A smell of cats was in the night air.” This passage implies that the story is set (1 point) in the future. in the present. in the past. it does not indicate time.
18. The first half of the passage implies that the Hadley family is (1 point) close and open with each other. destitute. wealthy trusting
19. From the context of the passage, you can conclude that the society in which the family lives sees children as being (1 point) neurotic. in need of discipline. innocent. naturally obedient.
20. The parents’ attitude toward their children in this passage might be best characterized as (1 point) fond. angry. proud. wary.
21. Based on your knowledge of the story, you would best understand line 24, “He lay in his bed with his beating heart.” to be an example of (1 point) satire. in medias res. metaphor. foreshadowing. Essay Note: Your teacher will grade your response to ensure that you receive proper credit for your answer. Your response should include the following to receive the points in parentheses: Respond in a paragraph. The answer is written in complete sentences. (10 pts)
22. Choose one of the three essay topics below. “Experiencing” – Carefully reread the passage from “The Veldt” by Ray Bradbury, and write an essay explaining what advice you would give George and Lydia Hadley on how to become better parents. “Interpreting”- Carefully reread the passage. Write an essay describing the tone Bradbury sets and analyzing how he creates that particular mood.
“Evaluating”- The passage above is almost entirely made up of dialogue, as is much of the story it comes from. Choose another story from Unit 2 that contains extensive dialogue, and write an essay comparing and contrasting the role of dialogue in the two stories. Which author do you think uses dialogue more effectively? (10 points)
Are you busy and do not have time to handle your assignment? Are you scared that your paper will not make the grade? Do you have responsibilities that may hinder you from turning in your assignment on time? Are you tired and can barely handle your assignment? Are your grades inconsistent?
Whichever your reason is, it is valid! You can get professional academic help from our service at affordable rates. We have a team of professional academic writers who can handle all your assignments.
- Plagiarism free papers
- Timely delivery
- Any deadline
- Skilled, Experienced Native English Writers
- Subject-relevant academic writer
- Adherence to paper instructions
- Ability to tackle bulk assignments
- Reasonable prices
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Get superb grades consistently
Online Academic Help With Different Subjects
Students barely have time to read. We got you! Have your literature essay or book review written without having the hassle of reading the book. You can get your literature paper custom-written for you by our literature specialists.
Do you struggle with finance? No need to torture yourself if finance is not your cup of tea. You can order your finance paper from our academic writing service and get 100% original work from competent finance experts.
While psychology may be an interesting subject, you may lack sufficient time to handle your assignments. Don’t despair; by using our academic writing service, you can be assured of perfect grades. Moreover, your grades will be consistent.
Engineering is quite a demanding subject. Students face a lot of pressure and barely have enough time to do what they love to do. Our academic writing service got you covered! Our engineering specialists follow the paper instructions and ensure timely delivery of the paper.
In the nursing course, you may have difficulties with literature reviews, annotated bibliographies, critical essays, and other assignments. Our nursing assignment writers will offer you professional nursing paper help at low prices.
Truth be told, sociology papers can be quite exhausting. Our academic writing service relieves you of fatigue, pressure, and stress. You can relax and have peace of mind as our academic writers handle your sociology assignment.
We take pride in having some of the best business writers in the industry. Our business writers have a lot of experience in the field. They are reliable, and you can be assured of a high-grade paper. They are able to handle business papers of any subject, length, deadline, and difficulty!
We boast of having some of the most experienced statistics experts in the industry. Our statistics experts have diverse skills, expertise, and knowledge to handle any kind of assignment. They have access to all kinds of software to get your assignment done.
Writing a law essay may prove to be an insurmountable obstacle, especially when you need to know the peculiarities of the legislative framework. Take advantage of our top-notch law specialists and get superb grades and 100% satisfaction.
What discipline/subjects do you deal in?
We have highlighted some of the most popular subjects we handle above. Those are just a tip of the iceberg. We deal in all academic disciplines since our writers are as diverse. They have been drawn from across all disciplines, and orders are assigned to those writers believed to be the best in the field. In a nutshell, there is no task we cannot handle; all you need to do is place your order with us. As long as your instructions are clear, just trust we shall deliver irrespective of the discipline.
Are your writers competent enough to handle my paper?
Our essay writers are graduates with bachelor's, masters, Ph.D., and doctorate degrees in various subjects. The minimum requirement to be an essay writer with our essay writing service is to have a college degree. All our academic writers have a minimum of two years of academic writing. We have a stringent recruitment process to ensure that we get only the most competent essay writers in the industry. We also ensure that the writers are handsomely compensated for their value. The majority of our writers are native English speakers. As such, the fluency of language and grammar is impeccable.
What if I don’t like the paper?
There is a very low likelihood that you won’t like the paper.
- When assigning your order, we match the paper’s discipline with the writer’s field/specialization. Since all our writers are graduates, we match the paper’s subject with the field the writer studied. For instance, if it’s a nursing paper, only a nursing graduate and writer will handle it. Furthermore, all our writers have academic writing experience and top-notch research skills.
- We have a quality assurance that reviews the paper before it gets to you. As such, we ensure that you get a paper that meets the required standard and will most definitely make the grade.
In the event that you don’t like your paper:
- The writer will revise the paper up to your pleasing. You have unlimited revisions. You simply need to highlight what specifically you don’t like about the paper, and the writer will make the amendments. The paper will be revised until you are satisfied. Revisions are free of charge
- We will have a different writer write the paper from scratch.
- Last resort, if the above does not work, we will refund your money.
Will the professor find out I didn’t write the paper myself?
Not at all. All papers are written from scratch. There is no way your tutor or instructor will realize that you did not write the paper yourself. In fact, we recommend using our assignment help services for consistent results.
What if the paper is plagiarized?
We check all papers for plagiarism before we submit them. We use powerful plagiarism checking software such as SafeAssign, LopesWrite, and Turnitin. We also upload the plagiarism report so that you can review it. We understand that plagiarism is academic suicide. We would not take the risk of submitting plagiarized work and jeopardize your academic journey. Furthermore, we do not sell or use prewritten papers, and each paper is written from scratch.
When will I get my paper?
You determine when you get the paper by setting the deadline when placing the order. All papers are delivered within the deadline. We are well aware that we operate in a time-sensitive industry. As such, we have laid out strategies to ensure that the client receives the paper on time and they never miss the deadline. We understand that papers that are submitted late have some points deducted. We do not want you to miss any points due to late submission. We work on beating deadlines by huge margins in order to ensure that you have ample time to review the paper before you submit it.
Will anyone find out that I used your services?
We have a privacy and confidentiality policy that guides our work. We NEVER share any customer information with third parties. Noone will ever know that you used our assignment help services. It’s only between you and us. We are bound by our policies to protect the customer’s identity and information. All your information, such as your names, phone number, email, order information, and so on, are protected. We have robust security systems that ensure that your data is protected. Hacking our systems is close to impossible, and it has never happened.
How our Assignment Help Service Works
You fill all the paper instructions in the order form. Make sure you include all the helpful materials so that our academic writers can deliver the perfect paper. It will also help to eliminate unnecessary revisions.
2. Pay for the order
Proceed to pay for the paper so that it can be assigned to one of our expert academic writers. The paper subject is matched with the writer’s area of specialization.
3. Track the progress
You communicate with the writer and know about the progress of the paper. The client can ask the writer for drafts of the paper. The client can upload extra material and include additional instructions from the lecturer. Receive a paper.
4. Download the paper
The paper is sent to your email and uploaded to your personal account. You also get a plagiarism report attached to your paper.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET A PERFECT SCORE!!!