Once a unit of instruction has been taught, an educator may use a summative assessment to determine if learners have mastered the standards and learning objectives. Remember, the formative assessments determine how learning is occurring during instruction so that educators can make any necessary changes to support learning, whereas the summative assessment determines actual achievement of the standards and objectives reflected in a grade. For this assignment, you will be creating your own summative assessment based on the standard you selected and the objectives you created.
Prior to beginning work on this assignment,
· Read Chapter 6: Summative Assessment
· Read Chapter 7: Performance-Based Assessment
· Read Chapter 8: Teacher-Made Assessments
· Review Creating and Using Rubrics (Links to an external site.)and complete the interactive tool at the end of Chapter 7.6 that will walk you through the process of developing a rubric for a performance-based assessment.
· Download the Week 3 Test Blueprint template to use for your assignment.
· Review the Week 3 Weekly Lesson
· Research a scholarly article in the Ashford University Library regarding the benefits and challenges of performance-based assessments.
· Choose one of the links to help you create a rubric:
o Quick Rubric (Links to an external site.)
o Rubistar (Links to an external site.)
o Teachnology General Rubric Generator (Links to an external site.)
Begin thinking about the different ways that teachers assessed your knowledge. What were typical assessments that you experienced? Did they use multiple-choice tests, essays, projects, or presentations?
Complete the following using the Week 3 Test Blueprint template:
· Create a test blueprint comprised of 10 test items that include the following criteria:
o Six test items must be selected-responses (Must have at least one multiple-choice, one matching, and one true or false question. You can pick any other type of selected-response questions for your other 3 questions.)
§ Use the checklists found in Tables 8.6, 8.7, and 8.8 of your text (Chapter 8) to make sure your selected-responses meet the guidelines.
o Three test items must be short-answer constructed responses (see Chapter 8.8)
o One test item must be a performance-based assessment (see Chapter 7)
§ Examples: Presentation, Performances, Projects, Debates, Reports
· Create your test items reflected in your testing blueprint. Be sure to label each question with the aligned objective and level of Bloom’s Taxonomy. Questions must address at least three different levels of Bloom’s Taxonomy which are reflected in your learning objectives.
· Create an analytic rubric to assess the performance based assessment developed in the test blueprint. (see Chapter 7.6 and Creating and Using Rubrics (Links to an external site.)). It must include the following:
o At least four levels of performance for rating scale (example: Novice, Apprentice, Practitioner, Expert or Exemplary, Proficient, Developing, Inadequate)
o At least four different criteria that are aligned to the learning objectives and assignment (For example, your performance-based assessment might require criteria such as critical thinking, using research to support analysis, and grammar and mechanics)
o Clear performance level descriptions for each criterion based on the rating scale.
After you have completed your test blueprint and test questions, on a new page using the heading Reflection (center it), discuss the following questions:
· Describe the advantages and limitations of using selected-response and constructed-response assessments.
o Use evidence from your readings to support your analysis.
· Discuss the main requirements of a good performance-based assessment and relate those requirements to the one you created. (see Chapter 7.4).
o What are the benefits and challenges with using performance-based assessments? Consider the challenge of using rubrics to assess student work. Use evidence from your readings and at least one outside scholarly source.
· Conclude with sharing your experience in creating this summative assessment.
o What did you find most challenging? What was helpful for you in creating this summative assessment? Be sure to elaborate on your thoughts.
Writing and Formatting Expectations
Your Creation of Summative Assessment assignment
· Must be eight to 10 double-spaced pages including the test blueprint, test questions, and reflection (does not include the title or reference page).
· Must include a separate title page with the following:
o Title of paper
o Student’s name
o Course name and number
o Instructor’s name
o Date submitted
For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
· Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper. For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.), refer to the Ashford Writing Center resources
· Must use proper syntax and mechanics. Your writing should display meticulous comprehension and organization of syntax and mechanics, such as spelling and grammar.
· Must include at least one scholarly source found in the Ashford University Library in addition to the course text (Lefrançois). Exemplary assignments will include at least one more source in addition to the required scholarly source and the course text. Refer to Integrating Research (Links to an external site.) for assistance
o The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
· Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.) guide.
· Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.
· Must use APA formatting consistently throughout the assignment. Refer to the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.) for assistance with APA style and formatting.
Lefrançois, G. R. (2013). Of learning and assessment. Retrieved from https://content.ashford.edu/
- Chapter 6: Summative Assessment
- Chapter 7: Performance-Based Assessment
- Chapter 8: Teacher-Made Assessments
- Chapter 10: Standardized Tests and High-Stakes Testing
Yale Center for Teaching and Learning. (2018). Creating and using rubrics (Links to an external site.). Retrieved from https://ctl.yale.edu/Rubrics
- This web page provides information about creating rubrics and will assist you in the Creation of Summative Assessment assignment.
Accessibility Statement (Links to an external site.)
Brookhart, S. M. (2013). How to create and use rubrics for formative assessment and grading. Retrieved from http://ebookcentral.proquest.com
- The full-text version of this text is available through the Ebook Central database in the Ashford University Library. This text provides information about performance-based assessments and may assist you in your Creation of Summative Assessment this week.
- Chapter 1: What are Rubrics and Why are they Important?
- Chapter 3: Writing or Selecting Effective Rubrics
Educators in Connecticut’s Pomperaug Regional School District District 15. (1996). What is performance-based learning and assessment, and why is it important? (Links to an external site.) In K. M. Hibbard (Ed.), A teacher’s guide to performance-based learning and assessment. Retrieved from http://www.ascd.org/publications/books/196021/chapters/What_is_Performance-Based_Learning_and_Assessment,_and_Why_is_it_Important%C2%A2.aspx
- Chapter 1 provides information about performance-based assessments and may assist you in your Creation of Summative Assessment this week.
Accessibility Statement does not exist.
Brualdi, A. (2000, February). Implementing performance assessments in the classroom. Classroom Leadership (Links to an external site.), 3(5). (Reprinted from Practical Assessment, Research & Evaluation, 6, 1-3). Retrieved from http://www.ascd.org/publications/classroom-leadership/feb2000/Implementing-Performance-Assessment-in-the-Classroom.aspx (Original work published 1998).
- This article provides information about performance-based assessments and may assist you in your Creation of Summative Assessment assignment this week.
Accessibility Statement does not exist.
Are you busy and do not have time to handle your assignment? Are you scared that your paper will not make the grade? Do you have responsibilities that may hinder you from turning in your assignment on time? Are you tired and can barely handle your assignment? Are your grades inconsistent?
Whichever your reason is, it is valid! You can get professional academic help from our service at affordable rates. We have a team of professional academic writers who can handle all your assignments.
- Plagiarism free papers
- Timely delivery
- Any deadline
- Skilled, Experienced Native English Writers
- Subject-relevant academic writer
- Adherence to paper instructions
- Ability to tackle bulk assignments
- Reasonable prices
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Get superb grades consistently
Online Academic Help With Different Subjects
Students barely have time to read. We got you! Have your literature essay or book review written without having the hassle of reading the book. You can get your literature paper custom-written for you by our literature specialists.
Do you struggle with finance? No need to torture yourself if finance is not your cup of tea. You can order your finance paper from our academic writing service and get 100% original work from competent finance experts.
While psychology may be an interesting subject, you may lack sufficient time to handle your assignments. Don’t despair; by using our academic writing service, you can be assured of perfect grades. Moreover, your grades will be consistent.
Engineering is quite a demanding subject. Students face a lot of pressure and barely have enough time to do what they love to do. Our academic writing service got you covered! Our engineering specialists follow the paper instructions and ensure timely delivery of the paper.
In the nursing course, you may have difficulties with literature reviews, annotated bibliographies, critical essays, and other assignments. Our nursing assignment writers will offer you professional nursing paper help at low prices.
Truth be told, sociology papers can be quite exhausting. Our academic writing service relieves you of fatigue, pressure, and stress. You can relax and have peace of mind as our academic writers handle your sociology assignment.
We take pride in having some of the best business writers in the industry. Our business writers have a lot of experience in the field. They are reliable, and you can be assured of a high-grade paper. They are able to handle business papers of any subject, length, deadline, and difficulty!
We boast of having some of the most experienced statistics experts in the industry. Our statistics experts have diverse skills, expertise, and knowledge to handle any kind of assignment. They have access to all kinds of software to get your assignment done.
Writing a law essay may prove to be an insurmountable obstacle, especially when you need to know the peculiarities of the legislative framework. Take advantage of our top-notch law specialists and get superb grades and 100% satisfaction.
What discipline/subjects do you deal in?
We have highlighted some of the most popular subjects we handle above. Those are just a tip of the iceberg. We deal in all academic disciplines since our writers are as diverse. They have been drawn from across all disciplines, and orders are assigned to those writers believed to be the best in the field. In a nutshell, there is no task we cannot handle; all you need to do is place your order with us. As long as your instructions are clear, just trust we shall deliver irrespective of the discipline.
Are your writers competent enough to handle my paper?
Our essay writers are graduates with bachelor's, masters, Ph.D., and doctorate degrees in various subjects. The minimum requirement to be an essay writer with our essay writing service is to have a college degree. All our academic writers have a minimum of two years of academic writing. We have a stringent recruitment process to ensure that we get only the most competent essay writers in the industry. We also ensure that the writers are handsomely compensated for their value. The majority of our writers are native English speakers. As such, the fluency of language and grammar is impeccable.
What if I don’t like the paper?
There is a very low likelihood that you won’t like the paper.
- When assigning your order, we match the paper’s discipline with the writer’s field/specialization. Since all our writers are graduates, we match the paper’s subject with the field the writer studied. For instance, if it’s a nursing paper, only a nursing graduate and writer will handle it. Furthermore, all our writers have academic writing experience and top-notch research skills.
- We have a quality assurance that reviews the paper before it gets to you. As such, we ensure that you get a paper that meets the required standard and will most definitely make the grade.
In the event that you don’t like your paper:
- The writer will revise the paper up to your pleasing. You have unlimited revisions. You simply need to highlight what specifically you don’t like about the paper, and the writer will make the amendments. The paper will be revised until you are satisfied. Revisions are free of charge
- We will have a different writer write the paper from scratch.
- Last resort, if the above does not work, we will refund your money.
Will the professor find out I didn’t write the paper myself?
Not at all. All papers are written from scratch. There is no way your tutor or instructor will realize that you did not write the paper yourself. In fact, we recommend using our assignment help services for consistent results.
What if the paper is plagiarized?
We check all papers for plagiarism before we submit them. We use powerful plagiarism checking software such as SafeAssign, LopesWrite, and Turnitin. We also upload the plagiarism report so that you can review it. We understand that plagiarism is academic suicide. We would not take the risk of submitting plagiarized work and jeopardize your academic journey. Furthermore, we do not sell or use prewritten papers, and each paper is written from scratch.
When will I get my paper?
You determine when you get the paper by setting the deadline when placing the order. All papers are delivered within the deadline. We are well aware that we operate in a time-sensitive industry. As such, we have laid out strategies to ensure that the client receives the paper on time and they never miss the deadline. We understand that papers that are submitted late have some points deducted. We do not want you to miss any points due to late submission. We work on beating deadlines by huge margins in order to ensure that you have ample time to review the paper before you submit it.
Will anyone find out that I used your services?
We have a privacy and confidentiality policy that guides our work. We NEVER share any customer information with third parties. Noone will ever know that you used our assignment help services. It’s only between you and us. We are bound by our policies to protect the customer’s identity and information. All your information, such as your names, phone number, email, order information, and so on, are protected. We have robust security systems that ensure that your data is protected. Hacking our systems is close to impossible, and it has never happened.
How our Assignment Help Service Works
You fill all the paper instructions in the order form. Make sure you include all the helpful materials so that our academic writers can deliver the perfect paper. It will also help to eliminate unnecessary revisions.
2. Pay for the order
Proceed to pay for the paper so that it can be assigned to one of our expert academic writers. The paper subject is matched with the writer’s area of specialization.
3. Track the progress
You communicate with the writer and know about the progress of the paper. The client can ask the writer for drafts of the paper. The client can upload extra material and include additional instructions from the lecturer. Receive a paper.
4. Download the paper
The paper is sent to your email and uploaded to your personal account. You also get a plagiarism report attached to your paper.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET A PERFECT SCORE!!!