MAT540 Week 1 Homework
MAT540 Homework Week 1 Page1of3
- The Retread Tire Company recaps tires. The fixed annual cost of the recapping operation is $65,000. The variable cost of recapping a tire is $7.5. The company charges$25 to recap a tire.
- For an annual volume of 15, 000 tire, determine the total cost, total revenue, and profit.
- Determine the annual break-even volume for the Retread Tire Company operation.
- Evergreen Fertilizer Company produces fertilizer. The company’s fixed monthly cost is $25,000, and its variable cost per pound of fertilizer is $0.20. Evergreen sells the fertilizer for $0.45 per pound. Determine the monthly break-even volume for the company.
- If Evergreen Fertilizer Company in problem 2 changes the price of its fertilizer from $0.45 per pound to $0.55 per pound, what effect will the change have on the break-even volume?
- If Evergreen Fertilizer Company increases its advertising expenditure by $10,000 per year, what effect will the increase have on the break-even volume computed in problem 2?
- Annie McCoy, a student at Tech, plans to open a hot dog stand inside Tech’s football stadium during home games. There are 6 home games scheduled for the upcoming season. She must pay the Tech athletic department a vendor’s fee of $3,000 for the season. Her stand and other equipment will cost her $3,500 for the season. She estimates that each hot dog she sells will cost her $0.40. she has talked to friends at other universities who sell hot dogs at games. Based on their information and the athletic department’s forecast that each game will sell out, she anticipates that she will sell approximately 1,500 hot dogs during each game.
- What price should she charge for a hot dog in order to break even?
- What factors might occur during the season that would alter the volume sold and thus the
break-even price Annie might charge?
- The college of business at Kerouac University is planning to begin an online MBA program. The
initial start-up cost for computing equipment, facilities, course development and staff recruitment and development is $400,000. The college plans to charge tuition of $20,000 per student per year. However, the university administration will charge the college $10,000 per student for the first 100 students enrolled each year for administrative costs and its share of the tuition payments.
- How many students does the college need to enroll in the first year to break-even?
- If the college can enroll 80 students the first year, how much profit will it make?
MAT540 Homework Week 1 Page2of3
c. The college believes it can increase tuition to $25,000, but doing so would reduce enrollment to 50. Should the college consider doing this?
7. The following probabilities for grades in management science have been determined based on past records:
A 0.1 B 0.2 C 0.4 D 0.2 F 0.10
The grades are assigned on a 4.0 scale, where an A is a 4.0, a B a 3.0, and so on. Determine the expected grade and variance for the course.
8. An investment firm is considering two alternative investments, A and B, under two possible future sets of economic conditions good and poor. There is a .60 probability of good economic conditions occurring and a .40 probability of poor economic conditions occurring. The expected gains and losses under each economic type of conditions are shown in the following table:
- A $380,000
- B $130,000
Using the expected value of each investment alternative, determine which should be selected.
9. The weight of the bags of fertilizer is normally distributed, with a mean of 45 pounds and a standard deviation of 5 pounds. What is the probability that a bag of fertilizer will weigh between 38 and 50 pounds?
MAT540 Homework Week 1 Page3of3
- The polo Development Firm is building a shopping center. It has informed renters that their rental spaces will be ready for occupancy in 18 months. If the expected time until the shopping center is completed is estimated to be 15 months, with a standard deviation of 5 months, what is the probability that the renters will not be able to occupy in 18 months?
- The manager of the local National Video Store sells videocassette recorders at discount prices. If the store does not have a video recorder in stock when a customer wants to buy one, it will lose the sale because the customer will purchase a recorder from one of the many local competitors. The problem is that the cost of renting warehouse space to keep enough recorders in inventory to meet all demand is excessively high. The manager has determined that if 85% of customer demand for recorders can be met, then the combined cost of lost sales and inventory will be minimized. The manager has estimated that monthly demand for recorders is normally distributed, with a mean of 175 recorders and a standard deviation of 55. Determine the number of recorders the manager should order each month to meet 85% of customer demand.
Are you busy and do not have time to handle your assignment? Are you scared that your paper will not make the grade? Do you have responsibilities that may hinder you from turning in your assignment on time? Are you tired and can barely handle your assignment? Are your grades inconsistent?
Whichever your reason may is, it is valid! You can get professional academic help from our service at affordable rates. We have a team of professional academic writers who can handle all your assignments.
Our essay writers are graduates with diplomas, bachelor's, masters, Ph.D., and doctorate degrees in various subjects. The minimum requirement to be an essay writer with our essay writing service is to have a college diploma. When assigning your order, we match the paper subject with the area of specialization of the writer.
- Plagiarism free papers
- Timely delivery
- Any deadline
- Skilled, Experienced Native English Writers
- Subject-relevant academic writer
- Adherence to paper instructions
- Ability to tackle bulk assignments
- Reasonable prices
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Get superb grades consistently
1. Place an order
You fill all the paper instructions in the order form. Make sure you include all the helpful materials so that our academic writers can deliver the perfect paper. It will also help to eliminate unnecessary revisions.
2. Pay for the order
Proceed to pay for the paper so that it can be assigned to one of our expert academic writers. The paper subject is matched with the writer’s area of specialization.
3. Track the progress
You communicate with the writer and know about the progress of the paper. The client can ask the writer for drafts of the paper. The client can upload extra material and include additional instructions from the lecturer. Receive a paper.
4. Download the paper
The paper is sent to your email and uploaded to your personal account. You also get a plagiarism report attached to your paper.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH MR ESSAY WRITER TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT